REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – FIRMS SELECTION)
National Innovation Ecosystem Project (GENIE) – P152441
Loan # IBRD-8595-GE
Developing Communications Campaign Concept and Implementation Strategy for Georgia’s Innovation and Technology Agency’s Programs
Reference Number. GE-GITA-114123-CS-CQS
The Government of Georgia has secured support from the World Bank (hereinafter ‘the Bank’) for a National Innovation Ecosystem (GENIE) Project in the amount of 23.5 million US dollars. The main objective of the project is to increase innovative activities of the micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and individuals in Georgia and their participation in the digital economy.
The Project will enhance Georgia’s national innovation ecosystem through an integrated approach across three components, plus project implementation support.
Component 1: Innovation Infrastructure. The component will: (a) develop a network of Regional Innovation Hubs (RIHs) and Innovation Centers (ICs) in selected cities, towns and villages (b) design a Broadband-for-Development (BfD) program to increase use of broadband internet services and advanced information technology by eligible households and eligible MSMEs, with a focus on rural areas, inter alia, by providing BfD Payments and related training.
Component 2: Innovation Services. This component will deliver services, many in coordination with the ICs and RIHs, tailored to Project beneficiaries at various stages/levels of the innovation ecosystem. The component will carry out outreach and communication activities, and provide training and technical assistance in support of: (a) building the innovation community, and organizing and carrying out innovation competitions; (b) carrying out periodic skills needs assessments of firms and developing digital economy skills of individuals; and (c) developing the innovation capacity of individuals and firms.
Component 3: Innovation Financing. This component supports the: (a) provision of matching grants, selection of eligible MSMEs for receipt of matching grants, and supervision of matching grants; (b) provision of technical assistance to eligible MSMEs to prepare and implement sub-projects (with the matching grants); and (c) provision of technical assistance to stimulate alternative forms of innovation financing and investment in the digital economy.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) under the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia (MoESD). GITA is responsible for all project implementation. It will coordinate the gathering and processing of the results of monitoring, reporting, fiduciary functions, and safeguard procedures in close cooperation with relevant institutions participating in the project.
The objective of assignment
The objective of this assignment is for the:
- Design of the communications campaign concept and implementation strategy for GITA’s Programs;
- Developing execution plan according to the concept and strategy for the 16-months integrated communications campaign according to the concept, strategy and implementation plan and within the given timeframe, to be implemented during 2019-2020 period.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant shall include the following:
- Design target oriented, creative concept of the communications campaign for GITA Programs and cover each above listed components with different activities and approaches; Concept shall reflect campaign objectives and be oriented to influence relevant audiences taking into consideration age, location and social behavior. Consultant shall provide visualized concept supported with messages and insights. Creative concept should provide modern approach, be catchy and easy to understand by the target audiences.
- Develop campaign strategy, its goals and objectives being in line with the concept; strategy shall involve integrated marketing mix and offer relevant tactics, provide channels and tools for implementation of all programs separately (described above). The strategy has to offer creative and alternative tools of experiential marketing or other type of attention grabbing BTL (Below the Line, alternative marketing) activities.
- Develop brand prospect, vision and mission, unified slogan with key messages for each component of the campaign to effectively reach and influence target audiences.
Duration of assignment is 2 (Two) months and it is expected to commence in June, 2019.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) now invites eligible consulting firms ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- General experience of consultant in advertising;
- Experience in similar assignments, conducted during past 3 years (since January, 2016).
Note: the GITA reserves it’s right to verify submitted references and use obtained information for evaluation purposes.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms. (Please take into account that form of association acceptable for the World Bank is either sub-consultancy or Joint-Venture and submission must clearly indicate the nature of the association. The experience of sub-consultants will not be taken into account while evaluating the corporate experience of the consultant).
Experience in the projects relevant to the assignment should be submitted in the Form No: 1 given on the following link:
Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants’ Qualifications Selection (CQS) method set out in Section III of the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency, Ms. Maia Tsverava, Procurement Consultant, Cell: +995 57 27 47.
Expressions of interest shall be submitted in English in a written form to the address below (in person, by mail, or by e-mail) by June 10, 2019, at 17:00 (Georgian local time).
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency
7, Innovation str. 0114, TechPark, Okrokana, Tbilisi, Georgia
Cell: +995 591016716
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the Assignment’s Reference Number in the email subject line