REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – SELECTION OF INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS)
National Innovation Ecosystem Project (GENIE) – P152441
Loan # IBRD-8595-GE
Akhmeta CIC Manager
Reference Number: GE-GITA-81757-CS-INDV
The Government of Georgia has secured support from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) (hereinafter ‘the Bank’) for a National Innovation Ecosystem (GENIE) Project in the amount of 40 million US dollars. The main objective of the project is to increase innovative activities of the micro, small, and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) and individuals in Georgia and their participation in the digital economy.
The Project will enhance Georgia’s national innovation ecosystem through an integrated approach across three components, plus project implementation support.
Component 1: Innovation Infrastructure. The component will: (a) develop a network of Innovation Hubs and Innovation Centres in selected cities, towns and villages (b) design a Broadband-for-Development (BfD) program to increase use of broadband internet services and advanced information technology by eligible households and eligible MSMEs, with a focus on rural areas, inter alia, by providing BfD Payments and related training.
Component 2: Innovation Services. This component will deliver services, many in coordination with the CICs and RIHs, tailored to Project beneficiaries at various stages/levels of the innovation ecosystem. The component will carry out outreach and communication activities, and provide training and technical assistance in support of: (a) building the innovation community, and organizing and carrying out innovation competitions; (b) carrying out periodic skills needs assessments of firms and developing digital economy skills of individuals; and (c) developing the innovation capacity of individuals and firms.
Component 3: Innovation Financing. This component supports the: (a) provision of matching grants, selection of eligible MSMEs for receipt of matching grants, and supervision of matching grants; (b) provision of technical assistance to eligible MSMEs to prepare and implement sub-projects (with the matching grants); and (c) provision of technical assistance to stimulate alternative forms of innovation financing and investment in the digital economy.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) under the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia (MoESD) is the GENIE Project implementing agency. GITA is responsible for all project implementation. It will coordinate the gathering and processing of the results of monitoring, reporting, fiduciary functions, and safeguard procedures in close cooperation with relevant institutions participating in the project.
Objective of this assignment is to run Akhmeta IC in order to provide full innovative services to Akhmeta Municipality and Kakheti Region.
The scope of work of the Akhmeta CIC Manager shall include:
- Management of GITA strategic projects in Kakheti region, including: business incubator, business accelerator, fab lab, mini-maker space, iLab and common workspace.
- Management of GITA projects in Kakheti region, including: innovation services related trainings, contests, exhibitions and other related activities.
- Facilitation innovative community development in Kakheti region through proactive engagement of region’s target population in the CIC activities with special emphasis on the region’s youth involvement.
- Involvement of local higher educational institutions, NGOs, the region’s municipalities in CIC activities.
- Organization informational meetings/sessions/presentations on Akhmeta CIC activities;
- Assistance in GITA’s Public Relations Plan implementation in the region with close cooperation of GITA’s relevant division.
- Maintenance and update of Akhmeta CIC Facebook page with close cooperation of GITA’s relevant division.
- Based on the region’s needs propose new innovation activities to GITA.
- Development of quarterly and annual reports on Akhmeta CIC activities.
- Development of reports on each individual activity, including generation of list of participants and different needed data.
- Financial and Operational management of CIC.
- Human resources management.
- Other related tasks that serve the purpose of the job and/or is needed to perform duties properly.
Timeframe and Duration. The CIC Manager for Akhmeta will be engaged full-time for one-year with the possibility of annual renewal based on performance till April, 2021. This assignment is scheduled to commence in November 2018.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency (GITA) now invites eligible individual consultants ("Consultants") to indicate their interest in providing the Services. The Consultant shall have the following qualifications and experience, which will be evaluated with following criteria sub-divided by weights as follows:
- A graduate degree (Bachelor’s degree, specialist academic degree, or specialist professional degree);
- At least a five years’ work experience, including minimum two years’ experience of occupying a managerial position.
- Proven track record of general management must be evident in the career of the candidate, including:
- Operational management
- Human resource management
- Proven leadership skill and ability to motivate and lead teams and engender trust.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Georgian.
- Good verbal and communication skills in English
Note: GITA reserves its right to verify submitted references and use obtained information for evaluation purposes.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank's Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014 ("Consultant Guidelines"), setting forth the World Bank's policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant (IC) method set out in Section V of the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, revised July 2014.
Interested eligible candidates shall submit CV into English at the address provided below not later than:
17:00 hours of November 7, 2018.
Georgia’s Innovation & Technology Agency
7, Innovation str. 0114, TechPark, Okrokana, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tel.: +995 591016716
Please include the title of the announced position in the email subject line